Financial Management is where you will learn all about the world of accounting.
- Accounting is the systematic and comprehensive recording of financial transactions pertaining to a business.
- Accounting also refers to the process of summarizing, analyzing and reporting these transactions to owners, investors, and to the government for tax purposes.
Financial Management is comprised of two courses:
Beginning Financial Management (credits earned vary)
- The course is set up in modules - each module equals 1 credit.
- A person can receive 5-8 credits in this course.
- It includes four modules for Financial Management 10.
- It also includes up to four modules in Financial Management 20.
- This course provides the student with an understanding of the accounting cycle such as journalizing, posting, account balancing and the preparation of financial statements.
Advanced Financial Management (credits earned vary)
- Prerequisite: Beginning Financial Management
- This course is set up in modules – each module equals 1 credit.
- A person can receive 5-7 credits in this course.
- It includes up to seven modules in Financial Management 30.
- An advanced accounting course which provides a basic understanding of accounting procedures applicable to inventory control, cost accounting, corporation, taxation and adjustments.
- This course provides an excellent background for those wishing to go on to post-secondary and/or professional accounting.