INTRODUCTORY DESIGN STUDIES 10 (5-7 Credits)
- Introductory Design Studies focuses on Design skills Principles of Design and Processes and Applications of Design.
- Students will be introduced to: graphic design, drafting the language of industry, multi-view drawings, sectional views, pictorial drawings, developments, architectural drawing and blueprinting.
- Students will study the Evolution of Design from Classic Architecture to Famous contemporary.
- Emphasis on practical work. Drawings, plans and projects make up most of the final grade.
INTERMEDIATE DESIGN STUDIES 20 (5-7 credits)
- Students will concentrate on more in-depth technical and architectural applications where sections, elevations, pictorial design, auxiliary views, developments and intersections are covered.
- Students will refine previously developed skills in two and three-dimensional design and demonstrate skill in planning and completing projects on various aspects of design.
ADVANCED DESIGN STUDIES 30 (5-7 credits)
- The advanced level of Design Studies will expand upon design skills processes and applications and on drafting for Design and Technical drawing skills.
- Students will complete complex projects on design in two and three dimension and complete finished working drawings, models, presentations and explanatory drawings.