Please CLICK HERE to complete the Pivot Request Survey
Before making the choice to pivot, there are a few key points that should be taken into advisement:
- The format your choose, either online or on campus, should be one that you commit to until the end of the school year.
- French Immersion courses and option courses are not offered online.
- We cannot offer the full breadth of courses in the online format each semester as we simply do not have the manpower. Teachers are being shared amongst the major high schools in order to provide core course offerings, but not every course is offered in both semesters.
- If you are looking to pivot to at-home, online learning, only the courses shown below are available for students to register in. Students should double check that the available courses fit into their program plan.
- Students who were learning on-campus prior to the government lockdown and plan on returning to on-campus learning on Monday, January 11th DO NOT need to make a pivot request. It will be assumed that you are returning to resume on-campus learning as you did prior to the shut down.
To request a pivot for semester II, you will need to fill out a short survey within MS Forms. The survey is a few questions long and will be used to identify those students looking to pivot. The survey must be completed by Friday, January 15th . Please ensure that you have completed the survey before the end of the day on Friday, January 15th. That will be the cut-off date in which no more pivot request will be taken. The school will need time to compile names and ensure that we have enough teachers available to cover the classes where pivot requests have been made. ONLY STUDENTS LOOKING TO PIVOT NEED TO COPLETE THE SURVEY. If you intend on continuing in the learning format you are currently in, you DO NOT need to complete this survey.
Upon finishing the survey, student names will be forwarded to LCI administration. You will be contacted via phone to confirm your pivot request and to relay instructions on when, where and how your new your learning format will begin. Students who are pivoting back into on-campus learning will also have to discuss which options they would like to take. The official pivot date is the start of the second semester which is Monday, February 1st. Your newly chosen learning format will being with the start of classes of the second semester.
Thank you for taking the time to read through this message regarding the semester II pivot point. We understand that each family has their own unique circumstances surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic and we want to be as accommodating as possible. LCI would like to thank all of our families and community members for their continued support as we continue to minimize the risk of exposure and transmission in our school. Hopefully we will see a return to normal sometime in 2021. If you have any questions around pivoting or the instructions listed above, please feel contact Kyle McKenzie either by phone (403) 328-9606 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org